Safeguarding Advanced Module Zoom
Safeguarding Advanced Module Sessions
The Safeguarding Advanced Module is mandatory for all presbyters or deacons with an active preaching or pastoral ministry (including supernumerary ministers), local preachers, worship leaders, church and circuit safeguarding officers, safeguarding trainers, members of the District Safeguarding Group, members of the District Policy Committee (or equivalent), all persons appointed to exercise pastoral leadership within a local church, all those in any leadership role within the Methodist Church which involves direct work with children, young people or vulnerable adults.
The Module is to be repeated every 4 years.
These sessions aim to:
- consolidate and develop your previous safeguarding learning.
- explore what this means in your designated role(s) of responsibility within the Church.
- further equip you with skills and resources to be confident in promoting good practice in the Church and community.
- extend your understanding of responding well to different groups within the Church community, including those who have experienced abuse and those who may pose a risk to others.
This course is split into three parts:
- Advanced Module (online) e-learning - this can take up to 6 hours to complete, depending on your learning style, but can be completed in smaller sections and at your own pace.
- Handbook – to support learning during Advanced Module (online) and for further study and resources.
- Advanced Module (online) 2-hour group Gathered Session – to consolidate learning from the e-learning.
Please note that you will need to use some form of computer and to have reliable Wi-Fi access throughout this training and the e-learning MUST be completed before attending a Gathered Session.
Event terms and conditions