Safeguarding Advanced Module Full Day Training
Safeguarding Advanced Module Sessions
The Safeguarding Advanced Module is mandatory for all presbyters or deacons with an active preaching or pastoral ministry (including supernumerary ministers), local preachers, worship leaders, church and circuit safeguarding officers, safeguarding trainers, members of the District Safeguarding Group, members of the District Policy Committee (or equivalent), all persons appointed to exercise pastoral leadership within a local church, all those in any leadership role within the Methodist Church which involves direct work with children, young people or vulnerable adults.
The Module is to be repeated every 4 years.
These sessions aim to:
- consolidate and develop your previous safeguarding learning.
- explore what this means in your designated role(s) of responsibility within the Church.
- further equip you with skills and resources to be confident in promoting good practice in the Church and community.
- extend your understanding of responding well to different groups within the Church community, including those who have experienced abuse and those who may pose a risk to others.
Advanced Module Face to Face
This course is split into three parts:
- Essential preparation – this takes approximately 1.5 hours
- Core learning session – this takes approximately 5 hours
- Handbook – to support learning during the Advanced Module, for further study and as a resource.
Although refreshments will provided throughout the session, please remember that you will need to bring your own lunch with you.
Wigan, WN1 2QR
Event terms and conditions