- District Life
- District Diary
- The Methodist Church
"Whose World? – The Challenges of Climate Change and Globalisation to the Flourishing of Creation"
A 5 session Course
Rev Dr Brian Tomkins (Victoria Hall, Bolton Methodist Mission )
Rev Canon Mike Williams (Former Principal of the Northern Ordination Course)
This Course which Mike Williams and Brian Tomkins have prepared under the title "Whose World?”, explores the various aspects and implications of climate change with regard to God's creative intent. Course material will include a DVD and notes for leaders and participants. The 5 sessions are entitled;
1. God's Creativity and Ours - the role of technology in shaping our world and its compatibility with God's creation.
2. Being Well or Wellbeing - our physical health, happiness and living life in all its fullness.
3. Population and Levels of Consumption - the relationship between population growth and levels of consumption in the developed and developing world.
4. Market Place Winners and Losers - is the global market compatible with Christian faith and can negative aspects be redeemed?
5. Return to Abundance - the abundance of the Creator, our wasteful ways and God's promise of a new heaven and a new earth
The Course is intended to stimulate our thinking as Christians about these current issues and explore how God would have us live and act in today's world, through posing a range of questions.
The Course notes will give leaders options on each topic to match the material with the audience. There will be a nominal charge of £10 for the material to cover our costs.
If you wish to make use of the Course, it can be ordered from email@example.com or by phone to 01204 522569. Please indicate how many copies you require. Payment can be made by cheque payable to 'Bolton Methodist Mission' and sent to Victoria Hall, Knowsley Street , Bolton BL1 2AS .
What does the Bible say about climate change?
is a new Bible Study Pack for Lent and beyond from the Methodist Relief and Development Fund (MRDF). Climate change is a contemporary problem, undreamt of by Biblical authors, so what does the Bible have to say about it?
A range of good quality sermon, liturgy and worship materials are available from www.christian-ecology.org.uk/
Bolton and Rochdale Methodist District Mission Committee invite you to consider Green Choices.