- District Life
- District Diary
- The Methodist Church
- Contact Us
The Methodist Church is committed to safeguarding as an integral part of its life and ministry. Safeguarding is about the action the Church takes to promote a safer culture. This means we will:
- promote the welfare of children, young people and adults
- work to prevent abuse from occurring
- seek to protect and respond well to those that have been abused.
Safeguarding Forms and Documents attached below.
Therefore, we are committed to training our people and the aim of our Foundation Module session is... “To enable participants to deal confidently and appropriately in safeguarding and in promoting the welfare of children and young people in the church context.”
You might have great experience of Safeguarding in your work, please do still attend one of these sessions; to quote a leader in the education system “It has been really helpful coming to this session as it has helped me to apply my knowledge to Church; thank you.”
For info on the background and policy of the Methodist Church , visit www.methodist.org.uk and in the search engine type 'safeguarding'. If you think a child is at risk, share your concerns.
Contact your church or circuit safeguarding coordinator, Your Minister.
- District Safeguarding Officer: Kevin Brabrook firstname.lastname@example.org 07522 236849
- The Methodist Church Safeguarding Officer, Tim Carter, email@example.com 020 7486 5502
- Or your Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards